This just happened and it’s. The. Bomb. Dot. Com. !!! Cardamom in chia pudding sounds kind of ridiculous but my mom introduced me to it when she was here a few months ago and now I’m hooked! This is officially my absolute favourite chia pudding recipe of all time. The cardamom works so well with the creaminess of the chia and the mango makes it all come together in this heavenly, never-would-have-thought-it-could-work combination that will leave you dizzy with happiness. Here is how!
Cardamom Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a dash of maple syrup (you decide how much a dash is – just sweeten to taste!)
Vanilla Mango Cream
- 1 1/2 cup frozen, unsweetened mango chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp coconut cream (the thick, top layer of a cold can of coconut milk)
Mix all the chia ingredients together in a mason jar and blend well. Leave in the fridge to set for at least an hour. Put the mango in a pot on the stove and heat slowly. Use a potato masher to mash everything to a jam-like consistency, then add the vanilla. Once blended, turn the heat off and add the coconut cream. Stir well and let the mango cream cool. Serve the chia pudding up in a pretty bowl with a big dollop of mango cream (I sprinkled some cacao nibs on top for added texture and prettiness) and enjoy outside, reading a good book, pondering how magical life is. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!